Monday, April 13, 2015

something old something new

Something sent as a sample,
Something blue

(and red and white).

Since its an OS figure painted toy soldier style,
 I allowed myself to use the box art from the
 first version Airfix FFL as a painting guide
.


Yes a 40mm Scruby French Foreign Légionnaire from Historifigs. Relax, he's not available yet. Mike included him in my last order as a sample of progress on the partial recovery of Scruby's 40mm Colonial range. No date or list yet but I'm sure a note to Mike expressing an interest in buying when they do arrive wouldn't be amiss.

http://historifigs.com

More plans, toy soldiers and talk about rules to come over the nect week.

8 comments:

  1. Figures looks great- more temptation for you to head off in another direction...
    To the burning sand perchance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the temptation always exists to add a little Fort Zinderneuf but Havelocks have been seen in Atlantica often enough that I can get away with just adding a unit along side my Zouaves.

      Delete
  2. Very nicely animated 40mm French Foreign Legion from Scruby- Yes, indeed Ross - You could be gaming on the sands against the Arab hordes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a fondness for the style of these old Scruby figures, thin, well balanced, just enough detail but not exagerated or cluttered.

      Don't look for arabs any time soon though.

      Delete
  3. Ross Mac,

    Every time I see your 40mm-scale figures I am tempted to get some ... even though I have a lead mountain range that I have yet to paint.

    A very nice figure that I am sure that you will be buying some more of as soon as they are available.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Bob, I feel a certain obligation to buy of course..........

      Delete
  4. Very nice, Ross. Good to see the old figures revived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love him. Such an iconic uniform and pose - even though I've always wondered how adding a havelock to a heavy wool uniform, baggy trousers and long coat was supposed to help the soldier stay cool. They were tougher then, I guess. Hope we see more of these chaps in your imagined armies.

    ReplyDelete