Sunday, August 17, 2014

Little Cold War c 1965

Thank you to everyone who left a comment on my last post. I apologize for not responding to each as usual and as they deserve but your words and shared experiences are all appreciated.

Not a great photo of an old photo but this is what my little cold war looked like going hot in the cold concrete bunker sometimes known as The Basement somewhere in the early 1960s. An attack on a missile base iir

Found this in one of the old photo albums and couldn't resist sharing here. Ground cloth, rivers, roads, fortifications, 2 sides and a scenario. I guess that makes it 50 years of wargaming?

Normal blog entries should resume in a few days.

9 comments:

  1. Take care Ross.We are waiting patiently for when you feel like posting again...
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross Mac,

    I wish that I had some photos of my earliest wargames, although I doubt if mine would have looked half as good.

    I look forward to reading you blog again soon.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvellous set-up, no wonder you looked so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fair bit of urban fighting going down. Looking forward to your return.
    Regards,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Cold War in every sense then! And a rightly proud 'I did this' expression of the face of the young wargamer. I expect everyone thought he'd soon grow out of playing with toy soldiers. My own Mother still hopes I will.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo there, thanks for showing us. Best regards Mike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope things are sorting themselves out , all the best , Tony

    ReplyDelete