Friday, January 25, 2013

Standington Bridge - Teaser

In the distance, the first Republican scouts top the crest of Iron Hill.

Apart from wanting to get back to Atlantica for the MacDuff game, I was stuck for what do for a scenario so I started to lay out some random terrain. OK so some of you are thinking, "Random?  That looks familiar....". 

Well, it started out random-ish, just looking for something other than a pitched battle. I started thinking "attack on a shore battery", but I've done that a couple of times over the last year and  still haven't made a "proper" lake/ocean shore. Somehow  the thoughts "delaying action" and "bridge demolition"   popped into my head and collided. Step by step, that led me here.  

Confusion reigns in Standington as the long roll rouses the Queen's troops.

Hopefully I'll get to play tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a promising idea for a game, looking forward to heari g more. An interesting shot of the workbench / mad scientist's laboratory in the top picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A promising idea but not really mine. It is the Sittangbad scenario from Charge!, downsized a tad.

      There is certainly an air of madness to my work area, but not so much science I think.

      Delete