Friday, August 26, 2011

Battening the Hatches and Abandoning Ship.

Last week I got an invite to ride shotgun on a weekend trip to Montreal (my native city which I have not visited in 15 or so years) . The plan includes a stay over at the Captain's Bed & Battle so I figured why not?. 12 - 14 hours of chatting about wargames, history and what not each way with pizza and a wargame at the other end  and no chores or renovations to boot.

Then along comes Irene, blowing up the American coast. Should be down to a tropical storm by the time she gets this far north and looks likely to veer inland and all but miss Nova Scotia  but I've just secured the lawn furniture and what not, made sure my wife has food, water and oil lamps just in case and tomorrow morning I bolt. hmm if it veers inland we may have to drive through it on the way back. Oh well, duty to an old friend and all that.

 

5 comments:

  1. Actually, looking at the latest track, I think it is aiming to try to hit exactly where we will be driving back on Monday.

    I laid in a flat of water for the Family; Adrian is a hearty lad and can deal with any emergencies -- he'd have to anyway, after all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe, Ross. If you have to drive through a bad storm, be smart and delay your journey back for a day.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Captain has also laid in supplies. Bed and Battle are approaching 100% storm/combat readiness. Have a safe trip and see you at the other end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. We're out of our floodplain here today, with some contingency 6mm stuff if we get bored...(-:

    ReplyDelete